*As one of the GTA’s top aesthetic clinics, Philosophy of Beauty offers a cutting edge, effective treatment to eliminate nail fungus and its symptoms. We understand how troubling and uncomfortable nail fungus can be and are here to help restore your nails and confidence. Using Fotona’s ClearSteps™ Onychomycosis Treatment, we are able to safely and effectively treat fungus, repairing the health and appearance of your nails.*
What is Nail Fungus?
* Nail fungus is a common condition that occurs due to the overpopulation of various fungi and yeast in the nail and surrounding areas. The most common cause is a type of fungus called dermatophyte. Yeast and molds also can cause nail infections. They can regenerate rapidly, and if left untreated, may cause the thickening and hardening of the nail. While oral prescription medications can be used to treat nail fungus, these treatments are usually slow in their effectiveness and yield unpleasant side effects. As a result, laser nail fungus treatment in Toronto is quickly gaining popularity as it can provide immediate relief and visible results.**Although nail fungus, or Onychomycosis, can affect toenails or fingernails, it most frequently occurs on toenails. Nail fungus is a common disease, which affects approximately 10% of the population. While there are many different causes of fungal nail infections, there are some factors that increase the likelihood of developing Onychomycosis. For example: Those who are diabetic, have poor circulation, a weakened immune system, or are over the age of 65 are more prone to nail infections. In addition, individuals who sustain an injury to the skin surrounding the nail, wear artificial nails, or frequently wear closed-toe shoes are also susceptible to Onychomycosis.*
Nail Fungus Treatments in Toronto
*Since nail fungi usually grow in warm and humid environments such as spas, swimming pools, public showers, and locker areas, walking barefoot in public areas increases the risk of developing toenail fungus. Manicures or pedicures performed in unsanitary or unsterile conditions can also lead to the development of fungal nail infections.*
Frequently Asked Questions
- There is no associated downtime. Patients can leave immediately after the procedure and resume their daily routine and activities.
- It is a painless and non-invasive procedure, utilizing cutting edge, advanced laser technology.
- It results in the safe and effective removal of nail fungus and elimination of the root cause – the parasitic fungi.
- It enables the restoration of healthy nail beds and nail growth without the dangerous side effects associated with antifungal drugs.
- It is an extremely safe procedure. Since no oral medications or chemicals are used for the nail fungus treatment, Toronto patients don't need to worry about dangerous side effects.
- *Step 1: Since Onychomycosis causes the nail to become thickened and discoloured, the first step of the treatment process involves filing down the nail in order to allow the laser light to fully penetrate into the treatment site and kill the bacteria.*
- *Step 2: The Nd:YAG laser pulses are administered in a circular pattern covering the nail. In order to cover the entire surface area of the nail, the beams are slightly overlapped. During this step, the patient will feel a slight heating sensation throughout the nail.*
- *Step 3: In the final step, the Nd:YAG laser pulses target the perimeter of the nail bed around the finger or toe. This is done in order to ensure any parasitic fungus that has worked its way beyond the nail bed is also eliminated in the tissue surrounding the nail to prevent recurrence of Onychomycosis.*
Symptoms of Onychomycosis
*Symptoms of Onychomycosis include distorted, thickened, or discoloured nails, yellow or white streaks under the nails, and nails that have separated from the underlying skin. If you have any of the aforementioned symptoms, contact Philosophy of Beauty for a complimentary consultation to discover how laser fungus treatment in Toronto can benefit you. We understand how troubling the appearance of nail fungi can be and are here to support you as you undergo Onychomycosis fungus treatment.*