The demand for rejuvenation products in the beauty industry is continuously increasing, leading to the introduction of numerous procedures and treatments. As people age, they tend to develop dynamic lines, making it natural to seek ways to reduce the signs of aging. Among the various options available, you may have come across cosmetic injectables like Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin that can effectively treat your skin.
If you are interested in cosmetic injections such as Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin, read on to learn about their benefits in this guide brought to you by Philosophy Of Beauty.
Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin have several things in common:
- Same chemical base: All three products are derived from the bacterium botulinum toxin type A.
- All are neuromodulators: All three products are categorized as injectable neuromodulators. They work by temporarily blocking the signals between nerves and muscles. When injected into a muscle, it prevents the muscle from contracting, which in turn reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines caused by repeated muscle movements, such as frowning or squinting. At Philosophy of Beauty the treatment is performed by regulated health care professional.
- Similar uses: These treatments can be used to treat expression lines, including forehead lines, frown lines, wrinkles around the mouth, and crow’s feet.
- Similar results: These three products have the ability to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines helping clients look less tired, less angry, and more youthful.
- Additional treatments can be considered to address specific signs of aging. Combining your injectable treatment with dermal fillers and other skincare products can help maximize results. It’s important to note that follow-up injections of each treatment may be necessary for optimal outcomes.
- Minimal side-effects: The most common side effects of these injections are temporary bruising and minimal discomfort at the injection site. On rare occasions, some clients may experience a mild post-treatment headache which fades within a few days.
- Performed by regulated healthcare professionals. Treatments are completed in a professional clinic environment with all necessary equipment and precautions.
Xeomin, Dysport, and Botox are all cosmetic injectables that are used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. While they share similarities, there are some differences between them. At Philosophy of Beauty our go to product is Botox. We are one of the biggest providers of Botox in Ontario.
Chemical Composition: While all three products are derived from botulinum toxin type A, the manufacturing processes differ. Xeomin is a “naked” form of botulinum toxin, meaning it contains only the active ingredient without any additional proteins, while Dysport and Botox include accessory proteins.
Units of Measurement: The units of measurement for each product differ, making it important to use the correct conversion ratio when switching between them. Dysport requires more units compared to Botox or Xeomin for equivalent effects.
Diffusion/Spread: Dysport is known for its wider diffusion, meaning it may spread to a larger area after injection compared to Botox or Xeomin. This may be an advantage or disadvantage depending on the treatment area and desired outcomes.
Onset and Duration: The onset of action and duration of effects can vary slightly among the three products. Dysport may have a slightly faster onset, while Botox and Xeomin may have a longer duration of effects.
Storage Requirements: Botox and Dysport require refrigeration, while Xeomin can be stored at room temperature, which may affect storage and transportation logistics.
It’s important to note that the choice between Xeomin, Dysport, and Botox should be made in consultation with a qualified healthcare professional, taking into consideration individual needs, treatment goals, and medical history. Proper dosage, administration, and aftercare instructions should be followed for safe and effective results. Reach out to us at Philosophy of Beauty for a personal consultation.
If you are considering Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin as cosmetic injectable treatments, it is important to consult with your healthcare provider, such as a doctor or nurse practitioner, especially if you have certain conditions.
Pregnant/Nursing? You will need to postpone your appointment until after pregnancy or nursing is complete.
Allergies: If you have a history of allergies to or previous allergic reactions to any neuromodulator treatment, it is important to avoid any brands or formulations of botulinum toxin types for your safety. Consulting with a qualified healthcare professional can help ensure that these injectables are safe and appropriate for you based on your individual medical history and circumstances.
Philosophy Of Beauty
Our clinic, conveniently located in North York and serving Vaughan, Thornhill and the Greater Toronto Area, offers a range of treatments for the face and body to enhance your confidence. If you’re interested in learning more about how we can help you achieve your aesthetic goals, please give us a call at 905-669-0306 to schedule a consultation. We look forward to discussing your unique needs and providing you with exceptional care.